PUERTO RICAN TURKEY STUFFING
PUERTO RICAN TURKEY STUFFING. Alimento Base: Turkey, Heat oil in a large stockpot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on medium high until meat is cooked. Then continue to cook over medium heat for about 15 more minutes. Cool completely before...
- 12 to 14 pound turkey
- Stuffing: 1 1/2 lb. ground pork or beef liver, heart and gizzard of bird, ground or chopped very small (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoonful capers
- 8 olives stuffed with peppers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 can approx. 7 oz. roasted red peppers chopped, in their juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Adobo amounts for one pound of meat: 1 teaspoon of each garlic, black pepper, salt, olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each vinegar and dried oregano
Heat oil in a large stockpot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on medium high until meat is cooked. Then continue to cook over medium heat for about 15 more minutes. Cool completely before stuffing the turkey.
Wash the turkey inside and out and dry. Season (adobe) the turkey inside and out with the following Puerto Rican adobo recipe. These ingredients are for one pound of meat only. Multiply the ingredients times the number of pounds of your bird.
Adobo: Mix together 1 teaspoon of each: garlic, black pepper, salt, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon each vinegar and dried oregano.
Sew together the neck area. Stuff from the tail end with the cooked meat mixture. Do not overstuff. Sew the tail end together. Immediately put in the refrigerator until ready to cook. Follow roasting instructions on the turkey wrapper.
The stuffing recipe is suitable for a 12 to 14 pound turkey.